Thursday, September 24, 2009

sorry for not being on more

I wrote this poem for a school contest. My friends all think that i should have won but I don't care that I didn't win I just enjoy reading and writing poetry.
Breaking up is hard to do
by Corly Hoffman
Breaking up is hard to do
I should know cause
You broke my heart
You saw the tears I cry for you
You said you would never hurt me
You told me how much you loved me,
But yet you broke my heart to be with her instead of me
Breaking up is hard to do
I know I have to so I don't get hurt anymore
I saw you with another girl
I saw you kiss her on the lips and tell her how much you loved her
You saw me standing there and yet you didn't care
I told you I loved you and always would
You said you still cared about me, yet you loved her instead
I walked away hoping you would come after me
I cried when you stayed with her and watched me walk away
Breaking up is hard to do
You said you would be there when I needed you,
But yet you weren't there when I needed you the most
Why is breaking up with you so hard for me to do?
Why can't I let you go like I can everyone else?
You see me on the side of the road all alone and you heard my cries,
Yet you walked right on by
I wish everyday that you would stop even if it were
Just for a while to talk to me
Instead you would rather break my heart
You hope to see the tears I cry for you,
Yet i won't let you see how much you hurt me inside
I will no longer let you see the tears I once cried, at night for you
I try so hard to except that I can no longer be yours
Breaking up with you is so hard for me to do
Cause baby i can't let go of you
Baby I guess it just wasn't meant for you and me to be together,
But baby I will never stop loving you
You knew I missed you even if you were right in front of me
So you came to me and said you were no longer in love with me
Instead you were in love with her
I tried so hard not to let you see me cry
I left as tears started falling from my eyes
I hated myself for loving you so much
Cause baby I will never stop loving you
Breaking up is so hard for me to do
Cause baby "I Love You" and always will
I am tired of all the pain you have caused me
So if she is your girl so be it
Breaking up is hard to do
thanx taking the time to read this. I love to share my poetry with people who are willing to read it. I hope you like it and I will write again soon.
Signed,
Corly Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers