Monday, April 6, 2009

The Summer Sounds

I walk through the silent night
I see the trees waving in the wind
the water glistens in the moonlight
The ocean waves goodbye to the moon
As the sun comes up the stars seem to cry
When I headed home I heard the wind softly whisper goodnight
And see the crickets play the last note of their midnight song
As I wake up I hear the birds gently singing their morning song
I see the sun shining in the sky
I can see the butterflies flying in at the river bank
What I can't see at night is what I seek when dawn comes
When the day is done the gentle lights fade away
As the sun goes down the moon comes up
As the midnight sounds gently rock me to sleep
I dream of a beautiful enchanted forest
And lovely snowed on mountain tops
When my mind is confused I go for a long walk
When my heart is troubled I listen to the crickets song
I listen to the flapping wings of the wonderful barn owl
I look out the window to see a meteor shower of shooting stars
I hear the soothing crash of the ocean waves under the gentle glow of the stars
As the wind gently sings me to sleep in the darkness of night
I lay waiting for the first gentle ray of morning light
And the soft gentle noise of leaves rustling in the summer breeze

I wrote this poem for my english class and I thought I would like to share it by posting it in my blog.

Thanx for reading,
Corly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers